Energy and Water Reporting and Benchmarking Services
The Province of Ontario’s Energy and Water Reporting and Benchmarking (EWRB) initiative is designed to help building owners and managers save money by tracking usage, identify opportunities, and improve their building’s energy and water efficiency.
Under the Reporting of Energy Consumption and Water Use regulation, certain large building owners need to report their building’s energy and water use to the Ministry of Energy each year as of:
- July 1, 2019 for privately-owned buildings that are 100,000 square feet or larger, including commercial buildings, multi-unit residential buildings (with more than 10 units), and some industrial buildings (such as warehouses and industrial condominiums).
- July 1, 2023 for buildings 50,000 square feet and larger.
Contact us to see if you qualify for an exemption from reporting.
Energy benchmarking is an important starting point to achieving greater energy conservation for your building. Analyzing utility usage and comparing against past usage or similar properties, provides valuable information on how your building is performing.
Knowing how your building operates can help inform energy efficiency goals and help create the business case for energy improvements or retrofits. Benchmarking also provides a valuable starting point to measure ongoing improvement.
Let us help!
- Keeping you up to date on the latest requirements
- Utility and building data collection
- Verification of first year (and subsequent five year) reporting data
- Management and submission of data to the Ministry Portal
- Investigate causes of poor performance
- Create an implement an action plan
- Monitor and evaluate progress
- Make continuous improvements
We take care of everything for you, freeing up your team to focus on other aspects of your business.